Trouble in Terrorist Town Server
|Trouble in Terrorist Town|
The Hatventures Trouble in Terrorist Town Server IP address is tf2.hatventures.net:27800 the server is password protected and the password is given out to members of the community. You can also join via the dropdown menu on the website.
This server runs the game Trouble in Terrorist Town which is a game mode for Garry's Mod.
How to play Trouble in Terrorist Town
At the start of each round, approximately one quarter of all players are randomly assigned to be traitors, while the remainder are innocent. Some innocent players are granted access to special equipment in order to discover the traitorous players – these are the detectives. The traitors must work as a team to eliminate all non-traitors before the round ends (usually, there is a round timer), without bequeathing to innocent players the fact that they are traitorous (for then they would be killed).
Detectives and traitors have the option to use certain equipment to achieve their goal. Tools available to traitors include C-4 explosives, knives, defibrillators, jihad bombs and other equipment. Detectives have reciprocating devices at their disposal, which include body armour for personal protection against enemy weaponry, DNA scanners for discovering the perpetrators of murders and defusal kits for the deactivation of C-4 explosives as well as some special weaponary. Traitors and detectives may both make use of radar devices to discover the locations of other players.
Unlike most servers that use the ingame chat, the Hatventures server uses TeamSpeak due to the fact it has superior sound quality. This does mean that there are certain rules that differ from the normal game.
- No RDMing. "RDMing" stands for Random Death Matching, this means you cannot kill someone you suspect of being a traitor without proof and only applies to detectives and innocents
- No talking in Teamspeak if you are dead. Since TeamSpeak is used to communicate rather than in game chat we ask that when you are dead, you don't talk in Teamspeak. However, using in-game chat is fine as only dead people can hear it.
- No ghosting. "Ghosting" means to tell people who are alive who the traitors are if you are dead via any form of communication. It can also be telling the traitors where the innocents are.
- Only talk if you have something useful to say.
- Be polite and respectful. If someone is talking, don't talk over them.
Breaking these rules can result in a kick or tempban from the TTT server